Prayer & Care Ministry
The Prayer and Care Ministry is home to numerous support and educational programs including prayer support, hospital visits, memorial service planning, bereavement support and workshops, spiritual guidance sessions and ministry to our beloved animal companions.
We are here to support you in times of need, and we are also available to help you empower your dreams. Our Prayer and Care Ministry team is always available to meet with members of our community to discuss referral and support options that are available.
We are here to support you through prayer in times of need and/or grief. You can also contact us for prayer or to give thanks when your life is running smoothly and at optimal speed.
Prayer is the foundation of our spiritual practice at Mile Hi Church, and you have access to it 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
There are several ways to receive prayer support:
- Fill out a prayer request in the Sanctuary during Sunday services.
- Visit the Prayer & Care Center in person to pray with a practitioner on Sunday or during the listed hours of operation.
- Access online prayer support by clicking here.
The Prayer and Care Center offers congregational care by making hospital and hospice visits. For more information about these specific programs call our Care Ministries team.
Mile Hi Church is honored to support those who experience the loss of a loved one. Our ministers and skilled support staff are available for consultation and services of honoring. We also have beautiful facilities available for the service and reception and a bereavement team that provides follow-up bereavement support. For more information about these specific programs call our Care Ministries team.
There are numerous workshops and support groups available to our community at various times of the year, including:
- The Mourning After - for those adjusting to a loss
- Living Through Change - for those ready to begin anew after a loss
- Navigating the Holidays After Loss - reframe the holidays after a loss
- Death as a Spiritual Teacher - takes a look at death from a broader perspective
- Beyond Divorce - for those healing from a significant relationship loss
- Mother's Day Healing Event - support for mothers who have lost a child
- Caregivers Support Group - meets the second Sunday of each month
See the Prayer and Care Ministry events listed to the right of this page for an upcoming schedule. For more detailed information, call 720-974-2234.
Practitioner Prayer Partners/Spiritual Guidance Sessions
A Religious Science Practitioner is trained in the use of Science of Mind and Spirit principles and Spiritual Mind Treatment (our form of affirmative prayer).
A practitioner guides you through taking charge of your life through effective thinking and spiritual understanding. Providing a supportive atmosphere, the practitioner assists you in exploring your own power and potential. The relationship between you and your practitioner is one of professional confidentiality.
To learn know more about practitioners and one-on-one spiritual guidance sessions, click here.
We love and honor our animal companions through various events and programs including:
- Animal Blessing Event
- Pet Therapy Program
- Love is Forever Pet Remembrance - monthly support group
For more detailed information, call 720-974-2234.